Whitehorn Merchant Capital Inc. advised the shareholders of Wild Rose Gourmet Meats Inc. (“Wild Rose”) on its sale to a subsidiary of High Plains Bison Inc. of Denver, Colorado. Wild Rose operated under the Carmen Creek Gourmet Meat brand and distributed bison meat products throughout Canada and the European Union.
The shareholders of Wild Rose engaged Whitehorn to source strategic buyers interested in expanding Wild Rose’s operations and provide the shareholders with a succession solution. The shareholders remain active in the business, managing the Carmen Creek division of High Plains Bison Inc. As part of this transaction, Whitehorn:
- Developed a marketing strategy and supporting documentation to approach interested parties;
- Sourced potential investors and buyers. Whitehorn approached both strategic buyers of the business as well as private equity funds with a history of investing in food related businesses;
- Negotiated the business terms of the transaction including the valuation, consideration, and transition terms;
- Managed due diligence, including information requests, information/document coordination and management meeting preparation and oversight; and
- Worked closely with legal counsel to ensure legal agreements reflected the business terms, and assisted with the review, negotiation and assessment of the binding legal documentation.
Contact Whitehorn today for help with the transaction of your business sale.